Aeronautical current weather observation and short-term forecast for pilots, flight preparation with the METAR (Meteorological Aerodrome Report : current weather report), and TAF (Terminal Aerodrome Forecast: short-term weather forecast message for aviation). And other resources like VAC (Visual Approach Chart) and NOTAM (Notice To Airman) to prepare a flights.
METAR, TAF, VAC, NOTAM RAF St Athan airport (United Kingdom) / OACI EGSY
RAF St Athan is located close to St. Athan, Vale of Glamorgan at 1 mile↑, Llantwit Major at 2 mile↑, Penmark at 3 mile↑, Rhoose at 4 mile↑, Cowbridge at 4 mile↑, Penllyn at 5 mile↑, Wick at 5 mile↑, Ystradowen at 6 mile↑, Llangan at 6 mile↑, Barry at 7 mile↑,
Elevation : 50 m = 164 ft
- runway 10/28 : 1211 m = 3973 ft
aerial view of RAF St Athan
METAR for RAF St Athan airport - EGSY
EGSY 201050Z 06011KT 8000 -DZ BKN008 BKN022 14/13 Q1008
Decoded METAR for RAF St Athan Airport (United Kingdom)
METAR issued by EGSY on Sunday 20th of June 2021 at 10:50 UTC, Warning : this METAR is out of date, issued 3 days and 10 hours and 31 minutes ago.
Visibility is 8 km = 5 mile.
Temperature is 14 °C = 57 °F and dew point is 13 °C = 55 °F . This correspond to 94% relative humidity.
QNH is 1008 mb = 29.77 inHg
Wind speed is 20 km/h = 11 kt, direction is 60°.
Clouds : broken at 800 ft = 240 m. broken at 2200 ft = 670 m.
light intensity drizzle
TAF for RAF St Athan airport - EGSY
No TAF but aviation weather is available at for Cardiff airport (EGFF) at 6.5 km↑
VAC for RAF St Athan Airport - EGSY
The Visual Approach Chart (VAC Visual Approach Chart) is provided without any guarantee of its timeliness. The pilot is the only person responsible for the verification of its validity before using it operationally to prepare a flight or to use it during its navigation.
NOTAM for RAF St Athan Airport
NOTAMs are provided without any guarantee of their topicality. The pilot is the only person responsible for the verification of its validity before using it operationally to prepare a flight or to use it during its navigation.
No NOTAM provided by ICAO
- Nearest hotels
- Hotels in Vale of Glamorgan
- for Cardiff airport at 4 mile↑
- for St. Athan airport at 14 mile↑
nearest airports to RAF St Athan
- for Cardiff airport (EGFF) at 4 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for St. Athan airport (EGDX) at 14 mile↑
- for Swansea airport (EGFH) at 31 mile↑
- for Bristol Lulsgate airport (EGGD) at 31 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Merryfield airport (EGDW) at 37 mile↑
- for Chivenor airport (EGDC) at 38 mile↑
- for Dunkeswell airport (EGTU) at 39 mile↑
- for Eaglescott airport (EGHU) at 41 mile↑
- NOTAM : ICAO (www.icao.int)
- METAR et TAF : AVWX (avwx.rest)
- Météo générale : Openweathermap (www.openweathermap.org) et AVWX (avwx.rest)
- VAC France : DGAC/SIA (www.sia.aviation-civile.gouv.fr)
- Aerial maps : Google Maps (www.google.com), Microsoft Bing (www.microsoft.com) ou OpenStreetMap (www.openstreetmap.org)