Aeronautical current weather observation and short-term forecast for pilots, flight preparation with the METAR (Meteorological Aerodrome Report : current weather report), and TAF (Terminal Aerodrome Forecast: short-term weather forecast message for aviation). And other resources like VAC (Visual Approach Chart) to prepare a flights.
METAR, TAF, VAC Nasa Shuttle Landing Facility airport (USA) / ICAO KTTS
The Shuttle Landing Facility is a private airport located on Merritt Island in Florida, United States. It is part of the John F. Kennedy Space Center and was used by the NASA space shuttle for landing until the end of the program in 2011. It was also used for takeoffs and landings of aircraft NASA training such as the Shuttle Carrier Aircraft and for civil aircraft.
This airport has one of the longest runways in the world.
This airport is in an unusual configuration. It is part of private or dangerous airports.
Nasa Shuttle Landing Facility airport (USA) is located close to Titusville, Merritt Island at 5 mile↑, Titusville at 7 mile↑, Manatee Hammock Park Mobile Home Park at 9 mile↑, Mims at 10 mile↑, Port Saint John at 11 mile↑, Sharpes at 13 mile↑, Cape Canaveral at 15 mile↑, Cocoa at 16 mile↑, City of Cape Canaveral at 16 mile↑, Cocoa West at 18 mile↑,
Elevation : 3 m = 10 ft
- runway 15/33 : 4572 m = 15000 ft
aerial view of Nasa Shuttle Landing Facility
METAR for Nasa Shuttle Landing Facility airport - KTTS
KTTS 151856Z AUTO 27004KT 10SM CLR 21/05 A3000 RMK AO2 SLP163 T02100053 $
Decoded METAR for Nasa Shuttle Landing Facility Airport (USA)
METAR issued by KTTS on Saturday 15th of January 2022 at 18:56 UTC. This is an automatically generated METAR, Warning : this METAR is out of date, issued 8 days and 203 hours and -11497 minutes ago.
Visibility is 16 km = 10 sm.
Temperature is 21 °C = 70 °F and dew point is 5 °C = 41 °F . This correspond to 35% relative humidity.
QNH is 1016 mb = 30 inHg
Wind speed is 7 km/h = 4 kt, direction is 270°.
Remarks : automatic station with precipitation sensor Sea Level Pressure SLP=163 T02100053 $
TAF for Nasa Shuttle Landing Facility airport - KTTS
No TAF but aviation weather is available at for Space Coast Regl airport (KTIX) at 15 km↑
- Nearest hotels
- Hotels in Merritt Island
- for Space Coast Regl airport at 9 mile↑
- for Cape Canaveral Air Force Skid Strip airport at 13 mile↑
nearest airports to Nasa Shuttle Landing Facility
- for Space Coast Regl airport (KTIX) at 9 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Cape Canaveral Air Force Skid Strip airport (KXMR) at 13 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Merritt I airport (KCOI) at 19 mile↑
- for Patrick Space Force Base airport (KCOF) at 27 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for New Smyrna Beach Mun airport (KEVB) at 34 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Orlando Sanford airport (KSFB) at 35 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Melbourne Intl airport (KMLB) at 36 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Executive airport (KORL) at 39 mile↑METAR & TAF
- METAR : AVWX (avwx.rest)
- TAF : AVWX (avwx.rest)
- Météo générale : Openweathermap (www.openweathermap.org) et AVWX (avwx.rest)
- VAC : France DGAC/SIA (www.sia.aviation-civile.gouv.fr), Espagne ENAIRE (https://aip.enaire.es)
- Aerial maps : Google Maps (www.google.com), Microsoft Bing (www.microsoft.com) ou OpenStreetMap (www.openstreetmap.org)