Aeronautical current weather observation and short-term forecast for pilots, flight preparation with the METAR (Meteorological Aerodrome Report : current weather report), and TAF (Terminal Aerodrome Forecast: short-term weather forecast message for aviation). And other resources like VAC (Visual Approach Chart) and NOTAM (Notice To Airman) to prepare a flights.
METAR, TAF, VAC, NOTAM Paro airport (Bhutan) / OACI VQPR/ IATA PBH
The airport surrounded by mountains culminating at 5490 meters and bordered by Paro Chhu, the landing is considered one of the biggest challenges for pilots. The track is only 30 meters wide and 2000 m long. In addition, the aircraft guidance system is obsolete so that the approach must be done entirely by manual piloting. After a descent and a path between the mountains to follow the topography of the valley, the track is finally visible only after having bypassed a last ridge.
Paro is located close to Paro, Paro at 2 mile, Paro Dzongkhag at 8 mile, Ha at 9 mile, Raga at 10 mile, Tashi Chho Dzong at 13 mile, Thimphu at 14 mile, Haa Dzongkhag at 16 mile, Thimphu Dzongkhag at 17 mile, Tsimasham at 22 mile, Chhukha Dzongkhag at 29 mile,
METAR for Paro airport - VQPR
VQPR 170800Z 14005KT 9999 SCT025 BKN080 20/03 Q1019
Decoded METAR for Paro Airport (Bhutan)
METAR issued by VQPR on Saturday 17th of April 2021 at 08:00 UTC, Warning : this METAR is out of date, issued 4 days and 6 hours and 36 minutes ago.
Visibility is greater than 10 km = greater than 6 mile.
Temperature is 20 °C = 68 °F and dew point is 3 °C = 37 °F . This correspond to 32% relative humidity.
QNH is 1019 mb = 30.09 inHg
Wind speed is 9 km/h = 5 kt, direction is 140°.
Clouds : scattered clouds at 2500 ft = 760 m. broken at 8000 ft = 2440 m.
TAF for Paro airport - VQPR
No TAF but aviation weather is available at for Baghdogra airport (VEBD) at 135 km↑
VAC for Paro Airport - VQPR
The Visual Approach Chart (VAC Visual Approach Chart) is provided without any guarantee of its timeliness. The pilot is the only person responsible for the verification of its validity before using it operationally to prepare a flight or to use it during its navigation.
NOTAM for Paro Airport
NOTAMs are provided without any guarantee of their topicality. The pilot is the only person responsible for the verification of its validity before using it operationally to prepare a flight or to use it during its navigation.
No NOTAM provided by ICAO
nearest airports to Paro
- for Gelephu airport (VQGP) at 73 mile↑
- for Cooch Behar airport (VECO) at 74 mile↑
- for Bathpalathang airport (VQBT) at 82 mile↑
- for Baghdogra airport (VEBD) at 84 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Rupsi airport (VERU) at 92 mile↑
- for Chandragarhi airport (VNCG) at 101 mile↑
- for Lalmonirhat airport (VGLM) at 105 mile↑
- for Taplejung airport (VNTJ) at 106 mile↑
- NOTAM : ICAO (www.icao.int)
- METAR et TAF : AVWX (avwx.rest)
- Météo générale : Openweathermap (www.openweathermap.org) et AVWX (avwx.rest)
- VAC France : DGAC/SIA (www.sia.aviation-civile.gouv.fr)
- Aerial maps : Google Maps (www.google.com), Microsoft Bing (www.microsoft.com) ou OpenStreetMap (www.openstreetmap.org)