Aeronautical current weather observation and short-term forecast for pilots, flight preparation with the METAR (Meteorological Aerodrome Report : current weather report), and TAF (Terminal Aerodrome Forecast: short-term weather forecast message for aviation). And other resources like VAC (Visual Approach Chart) and NOTAM (Notice To Airman) to prepare a flights.
METAR, TAF, VAC, NOTAM Johannesburg Rand airport (South Africa) / ICAO FAGM/ IATA QRA
Johannesburg Rand airport (South Africa) is located close to Johannesburg, Alberton North at 1 mile↑, Germiston at 2 mile↑, Malvern at 4 mile↑, Newclare at 5 mile↑, Kate Hamel at 6 mile↑, Boksburg at 7 mile↑, Johannesburg at 7 mile↑, Eden Glen at 8 mile↑, Bartlett at 8 mile↑, Lyndhurst at 8 mile↑,
Elevation : 1671 m = 5482 ft
- runway 11R/29L : 1712 m = 5617 ft
- runway 17R/35L : 1493 m = 4898 ft
aerial view of Johannesburg Rand
METAR for Johannesburg Rand airport - FAGM
FAGM 280500Z VRB03KT CAVOK 04/M04 Q1028
Decoded METAR for Johannesburg Rand Airport (South Africa)
METAR issued by FAGM on Wednesday 28th of July 2021 at 05:00 UTC, Warning : this METAR is out of date, issued 4 days and 19 hours and 20 minutes ago.
CAVOK = Ceiling And Visibility OK, visibility is more than 10 km, no clouds below 5000 ft or below the minimum sector altitude. No cumulonimbus or budding cumulus, regardless of their altitude and no Significant Weather
Visibility is greater than 10 km = greater than 6 mile.
Temperature is 4 °C = 39 °F and dew point is -4 °C = 25 °F . This correspond to 56% relative humidity.
QNH is 1028 mb = 30.36 inHg
Wind speed is 6 km/h = 3 kt, direction is °.
TAF for Johannesburg Rand airport - FAGM
No TAF but aviation weather is available at for Olifants River Bridge airport (FAOR) at 15 km↑
NOTAM for Johannesburg Rand Airport
NOTAMs are provided without any guarantee of their topicality. The pilot is the only person responsible for the verification of its validity before using it operationally to prepare a flight or to use it during its navigation.
NOTAM Fuel availability / valid from Tuesday 11th of March 2008 at 07:56 to Thursday 8th of March 2012 at 10:00
A) FAGM B) 0803110756 C) 1203081000 EST
E) NIL AVGAS AVBL.
CREATED: 11 Mar 2008 07:56:00
- Nearest hotels
- Hotels in Alberton North
- for Daring airport at 8 mile↑
- for Olifants River Bridge airport at 9 mile↑
- for Brakpan airport at 9 mile↑
nearest airports to Johannesburg Rand
- for Daring airport (FADR) at 8 mile↑
- for Olifants River Bridge airport (FAOR) at 9 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Brakpan airport (FABB) at 9 mile↑
- for Tarkastad airport (FATA) at 14 mile↑
- for Springs airport (FASI) at 15 mile↑METAR & TAF
- for Grand Central airport (FAGC) at 18 mile↑
- for Petit airport (FARA) at 18 mile↑
- for Bapsfontein airport (FABA) at 24 mile↑
- NOTAM : ICAO (www.icao.int)
- METAR et TAF : AVWX (avwx.rest)
- Météo générale : Openweathermap (www.openweathermap.org) et AVWX (avwx.rest)
- VAC France : DGAC/SIA (www.sia.aviation-civile.gouv.fr)
- Aerial maps : Google Maps (www.google.com), Microsoft Bing (www.microsoft.com) ou OpenStreetMap (www.openstreetmap.org)