Aeronautical current weather observation and short-term forecast for pilots, flight preparation with the METAR (Meteorological Aerodrome Report : current weather report), and TAF (Terminal Aerodrome Forecast: short-term weather forecast message for aviation). And other resources like VAC (Visual Approach Chart) and NOTAM (Notice To Airman) to prepare a flights.
METAR, TAF, VAC, NOTAM Lukla airport (Nepal) / OACI VNLK/ IATA LUA
Lukla Airport has a runway of approximately 500 meters with a 12 ° slope, making landings particularly difficult. The airport mainly serves Mount Everest base camp. Since 2001, the runway has been paved, which improves flight safety.
Lukla is located close to Lukla, Chaurikharka at 1 miles, Lukla at 1 miles, Chaunrikharka at 2 miles, Solukhumbū at 5 miles, Jubing at 7 miles, Namche Bazar at 9 miles, Jaro at 9 miles, Dole at 10 miles, Thyāngboche at 10 miles, Thyanboche at 11 miles,
METAR for Lukla airport - VNLK
No METAR for Lukla airport, but aviation weather is available at for Kathmandu airport (VNKT) at 135 km↑
TAF for Lukla airport - VNLK
No TAF but aviation weather is available at for Kathmandu airport (VNKT) at 135 km↑
VAC for Lukla Airport - VNLK
The Visual Approach Chart (VAC Visual Approach Chart) is provided without any guarantee of its timeliness. The pilot is the only person responsible for the verification of its validity before using it operationally to prepare a flight or to use it during its navigation.
NOTAM for Lukla Airport
NOTAMs are provided without any guarantee of their topicality. The pilot is the only person responsible for the verification of its validity before using it operationally to prepare a flight or to use it during its navigation.
airports around Lukla
- for Syanboche airport (VNSB) at 9 miles↑
- for Phaplu airport (VNPL) at 15 miles↑
- for Kangel Danda airport (VNKL) at 20 miles↑
- for Rumjatar airport (VNRT) at 29 miles↑
- for Lamidada airport (VNLD) at 30 miles↑
- for Jiri airport (VNJI) at 31 miles↑
- for Tumlingtar airport (VNTR) at 38 miles↑
- for Bhojpur airport (VNBJ) at 42 miles↑
- NOTAM : ICAO (www.icao.int)
- METAR et TAF : AVWX (avwx.rest)
- Météo générale : Openweathermap (www.openweathermap.org) et AVWX (avwx.rest)
- VAC France : DGAC/SIA (www.sia.aviation-civile.gouv.fr)
- Aerial maps : Google Maps (www.google.com), Microsoft Bing (www.microsoft.com) ou OpenStreetMap (www.openstreetmap.org)