Aeronautical current weather observation and short-term forecast for pilots, flight preparation with the METAR (Meteorological Aerodrome Report : current weather report), and TAF (Terminal Aerodrome Forecast: short-term weather forecast message for aviation). And other resources like VAC (Visual Approach Chart) and NOTAM (Notice To Airman) to prepare a flights.
METAR, TAF, VAC, NOTAM Lukla airport (Népal) / OACI VNLK/ IATA LUA
Lukla Airport has a runway of approximately 500 meters with a 12 ° slope, making landings particularly difficult. The airport mainly serves Mount Everest base camp. Since 2001, the runway has been paved, which improves flight safety.
Altitude for Lukla airport
2859 m = 9380 ft
Around Lukla airport
- for Syanboche airport (VNSB) at 14 km↑
- for Phaplu airport (VNPL) at 24 km↑
- for Kangel Danda airport (VNKL) at 32 km↑
- for Rumjatar airport (VNRT) at 46 km↑
- for Lamidada airport (VNLD) at 49 km↑
Runways for Lukla airport
- Runway 06/24 : 493 m = 1616 ft
Current weather for for Lukla airport - VNLK
General weather 5 days forecast is available for Chaurikharka at 1.4 km, Lukla at 1.9 km, Chaunrikharka at 2.6 km, Solukhumbū at 7.3 km, Jubing at 12 km, Jaro at 14 km, Namche Bazar at 14 km, Dole at 16 km,
METAR for Lukla airport - VNLK
TAF for Lukla airport - VNLK
VAC for Lukla Airport - VNLK
The Visual Approach Chart (VAC Visual Approach Chart) is provided without any guarantee of its timeliness. The pilot is the only person responsible for the verification of its validity before using it operationally to prepare a flight or to use it during its navigation.
NOTAM for Lukla Airport
NOTAMs are provided without any guarantee of their topicality. The pilot is the only person responsible for the verification of its validity before using it operationally to prepare a flight or to use it during its navigation.
- NOTAM : ICAO (www.icao.int)
- METAR et TAF : AVWX (avwx.rest)
- Cartes VAC France : Service de l'Information Aéronautique de la DGAC (www.sia.aviation-civile.gouv.fr)
- Aerial map : Google Maps (www.google.com), Microsoft Bing (www.microsoft.com) ou OpenStreetMap (www.openstreetmap.org)