Musée des Sapeurs-Pompiers de Tarbes (Tarbes)
Driven by a desire for memory, it was in 1980 that a team of TARBES firefighters (active and former) embarked on the search, location, and recovery of devices and materials from different municipalities in the department.
This initiative takes place on the 150th anniversary of the creation of the body of TARBES (1830-1980) for which a parade of old vehicles and a representation of old equipment was produced.
It was with the complicity of the Mayor of the time that the hand pump in the town of SOUES, but also the first piece of our current collection was recovered in the middle of the night to avoid criticism and the disapproving looks of some
The discovery of an 18M wooden ladder, Rosalie type used by the security service of the old arsenal, will complete the motivation of this team because it will require many hours of work for its restoration.
On June 10, 1980, Jean Marie DAUREU created the association LES AMIS DU MUSEE DES SAPEURS-FOMPIERS DE TARBES and became its first president. he will be assisted for a long time by Michel GIRARD.
Unlimited motivation, he will remain President until 2011, when he wishes to cease this function for health reasons.
Driven by an unfulfilled passion and during all these years, he will devote almost all of his days to crisscrossing the department in search of machinery and equipment or their restoration.
It is quite honorable to point out that today we are the heirs of this heritage wealth that he bequeathed to us. Often quoting a reflection from ERNEST RENAN: The men of progress are those who have as their starting point a deep respect for the past, he made it his motto.
Exhibited in a room of 1700 m2, graciously made available to us by the municipality of TARBES,
It is to date a showcase composed of:
45 fire and rescue vehicles 23 motor pumps
13 hand pumps
A large collection of outfits and clothing effects (French and foreign)
Helmets and caps
Books and documentation
That we can occasionally present to the public.
- Nearest hotels
- Tarbes at 1 mile↑
- Quartier de l'Arsenal (Tarbes) at 0 mile↑
- Jardin Massey (Tarbes) at 0 mile↑
- Hôtel de ville (Tarbes) at 1 mile↑
- Avenue de la Marne et Bout du Pont (Tarbes) at 1 mile↑
- Quartier Larrey (Tarbes) at 1 mile↑
- La Gespe (Tarbes) at 1 mile↑
- Le Chaudron (Tarbes) at 0 mile↑
- Coté Cour (Tarbes) at 0 mile↑
- La Mamma (Tarbes) at 0 mile↑
- Les Galopins (Tarbes) at 0 mile↑
- L'Entracte (Tarbes) at 0 mile↑
- Philippe Valantin - pâtissier chocolatier (Tarbes) at 0 mile↑
- Eglise Saint-Antoine (Tarbes) at 0 mile↑
- Les Singes Gourmands (Tarbes) at 0 mile↑
- Brasserie Gusto (Tarbes) at 0 mile↑
- for Tarbes-Laloubere airport at 2 mile↑
- for Tarbes-Lourdes-Pyrénées airport at 6 mile↑
News et spectacles à Tarbes
Sunday 20th of September 2020
Sunday 28th of June 2020
Tuesday 2nd of June 2020